Setting up a phone patch for direction in your vocal booth for voice-over is easier than ever. There are five different ways I recommend setting this up without spending any money.
- What is phone-patch - A phone-patch allows two-way communication with the client.
- Paid method - An electric box that allows you to connect your mixer or digital audio interface to standard phone lines.
** The critical thing to remember is that you do not have to pay for this.
Free Method #1: Use your phone
- A phone is a very viable way, and if you put your phone on speaker or have Bluetooth earbuds, it works great.
- Upside: Everyone has a phone, and it is easy to call a number.
- Downside: The long-distance might cost money.
Free Method #2: Zoom
- Zoom is an online platform and app that lets you connect with anyone on the internet for free. Zoom has lots of other features that come with the paid versions, but it is open and usable for phone-patches.
- Upside - free.
- Downside - Only get 40...