So, what exactly is a voice actor rate card anyway? A VO rate card is simply a chart, document, graph, etc. that outlines monetary prices to work with you and to license your work.
Why is it important?
- Your business is supposed to make money. Without knowing how much you are charging and what you can expect, you will not be able to grow a profitable enterprise.
- Consistency - There needs to be a consistent customer experience so they can trust in your name
How is a rate card formatted (Simple example)
A. Rates determined by length of the script:
- 5 words (2 seconds)
- 50 words (20 seconds)
- 500 words (3 minutes)
- 5000 words (33 minutes)
- 50,000 words (5.5 hours)
B. Broadcast Rates and Sizes Online
- 10,000 people
- 100,000 people
- 1M people
- 10M people
- 100M people
How do you price your rate card?
3 ways to do it:
- Industry Standards: GVAA is a great place to start your search
- What are your operating costs
- What are the trending rates on the platform you are on?
Do you post it?
- Do you...